Home

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I ♥ to Run


I signed myself up for a 10k August 5, 2012. The
This is going to be my first time running 6.2 miles and I have never been more excited about training than I am right now. I have run a few 5 Ks in the past and I am ready to step up my training. I found a beginners training program here for a 7 week or 10 week training plan depending on your fitness level, I will be following the 10 week plan and incorporating cross training into my routine. This is the plan:

Week 1: 5/28-6/3
Monday - Run/Walk 15 minutes, Tuesday - Run/Walk 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run/Walk 15 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run/Walk 30 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 2: 6/4-6/10
Monday - Run/Walk 20 minutes, Tuesday - Run/Walk 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run/Walk 20 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run/Walk 35 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 3: 6/11-6/17
Monday - Run/Walk 25 minutes, Tuesday - Run/Walk 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run/Walk 25 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 30 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 4: 6/18-6/24
Monday - Run 25 minutes, Tuesday - Run 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 30 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 3 miles, Sunday - Off
Week 5: 6/25-7/1
Monday - Run 30 minutes, Tuesday - Run 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 35 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 45 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 6: 7/2-7/8
Monday - Run 40 minutes, Tuesday - Run 3 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 40 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 4 miles, Sunday - Off
Week 7: 7/9-7/15
Monday - Run 30 minutes, Tuesday - Run 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 35 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 60 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 8: 7/16-7/22
Monday - Run 3 miles, Tuesday - Run 50 minutes, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 35 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 70 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 9: 7/23-7/29
Monday - Run 20 minutes, Tuesday - Run 3 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 20 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 75 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 10: 7/30-7/5
Monday - Run 20 minutes, Tuesday - Run 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Light 20 minute jog, Friday - Light 20 minute job, Saturday-off , Sunday - Race Day!

I tend to run more on the weekends especially Sundays so I will most likely switch my Mondays and Sundays. Time to get moving!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! My trick to finishing, don't stop running...
    Seriously though, you'll do great. Six miles sounds a lot longer than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol that's what I'm thinking, I found a different training routine that required me to run how ever many min (15) it increases each time, then walk 1 minute, it doesn't work for me, I'm better at training if I set my mind on the miles I'm running and don't stop till I'm done none of this walk 1 min crap. haha. The race is in Rockland want to run it with me? You can keep me going.

    ReplyDelete