Home

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cherry Clafoutis with ice cream



Cherry Clafoutis, a baked French dessert with black cherries which is prepared in the traditional version with the pits left in the cherries.The pits are meant to give the dessert a hint of almond flavor. I prepared mine with half pitted and half not to give it a bit of that tradition effect. 

Cherry Clafoutis

Ingredients:
2 cups of fresh sweet cherries, ½ pitted and ½ not
3 eggs
1 cup of sugar (I used a little less)
1 tablespoon of Muscovado or brown sugar
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, sifted
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of milk
 3/4 teaspoon of almond extract
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Powdered sugar for dusting

Directions:
1 Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter and lightly flour a 10X7 baking dish. Toss in the cherries.
2 Whisk the eggs, sugars, salt, and flour together until smooth.
3 Add the milk, almond and vanilla extracts. Whisk until smooth. Pour into the baking dish.
4. Bake for 40-50 minutes until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool. Clafoutis will have puffed up and deflated when cooled. Dust with sugar and serve with french vanilla ice cream. Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. I was wondering about the stems until I read down... this looks pretty tasty, how did it turn out? BTW, post more food pics, I know you cook more than this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out awesome and its the easier recipe ever, you just throw the stuff together and poor it into a baking dish and bake it. lol I know I know I need to. I promise at least once a week. Andddd...BTW thank you thank you for my package, it was quite the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I heard you ate half of one and liked it. Good running fuel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I ate half of your Mom's because I thought Nate brought them home for us. He had them sitting right out in the open so I thought they were free for the taking.

    ReplyDelete