Home

Friday, August 24, 2012

Cultivate For Pleasure


The blackberries seemed to sneak up on me this year. I'm pretty sure Kahleesi sniffed them out before I could even get my hands on them. We are lucky to have such a wide range of trails surrounding our house where we can take our leisurely walks in the sun and pick berries. The wild spread of blackberries is just a few gallops just outside our front door. I make my way through the shrubbery to get to the good ones while Kahleesi runs and plays. I do my best to avoid the blasted thorns that if you are not careful, they will getchew' every time. I do believe it is well worth the trouble though once you pop that first juicy, berry into your mouth. Sometimes you will get a mouth puckering, sour burst of juice in your mouth while others will taste a bit more sweet with ripeness. 
 Sometimes, we all need a little reminder that with hard work, there will surely be great pleasure to follow. Whether you are a successful business man, a hard working doctor saving lives, or a student trying to find your way through life, there is always a bit or a great deal of work involved which makes it all that much more worth the time spent. All the scritches and scratches you are left with in the end will serve as little reminders of how hard you worked toward your goals and accomplishments; besides life would be boring if it were too easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment